LAS VEGAS (AP) - A house fire in Las Vegas has claimed the life of one man and injured three others.
Las Vegas Fire and Rescue officials tell KLAS-TV four men lived in the house where the fire broke out after midnight Thursday morning.
Two men ran outside for help and a third was rescued through a window in thick smoke at the home on Nolan Lane.
The fourth man who was trapped was bed-ridden. The other three were treated for smoke inhalation and possible carbon monoxide poisoning but their injuries are non-life-threatening.
The name of the victim is being withheld pending notification of next of kin. The cause of the blaze is under investigation. The survivors say the man who died was a heavy smoker and used a space heater at night.