September 16, 2014
LAS VEGAS (AP) - A new report shows 200 people reported food poisoning symptoms after dining at one of Las Vegas' most popular restaurants in late April.
Southern Nevada Health District data released Friday show the salmonella outbreak at the Firefly restaurant was more extensive than previously thought. An earlier report showed nearly 90 people sick.
Officials say patrons reporting illness hailed from 20 different states and two foreign countries.
Investigators say they haven't pinpointed a menu item or ingredient that's the likely culprit, although inspectors who visited the restaurant on April 26 documented food stored at improper temperatures and employees handling food without gloves.
The restaurant was one of Vegas' most highly rated eateries on the review site Yelp.com. Health District spokeswoman Stephanie Bethel says it was shuttered April 26 and remains closed.
Copyright 2014 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.