August 22, 2014
LAS VEGAS (AP) - Las Vegas firefighters say they were lucky they didn't have to respond to any cooking fires this Thanksgiving, although they helped people in two homes with dangerous levels of carbon monoxide.
Firefighters say this year was a big improvement over last year, when they saw 10 Thanksgiving cooking fires. The only incident crews reported was a small fire Wednesday when a rag dropped into an oven. No damage was reported.
Crews say one adult and four children were taken to the hospital after the carbon monoxide detector in their apartment went off Wednesday night.
One adult and a child were taken to the hospital in a separate carbon monoxide incident reported about 2 a.m. Thursday.
Victims in both cases had been cooking for a long period of time.
Copyright 2014 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.