No Thanksgiving Cooking Fires Reported in Vegas

By: Associated Press Email
By: Associated Press Email

LAS VEGAS (AP) - Las Vegas firefighters say they were lucky they didn't have to respond to any cooking fires this Thanksgiving, although they helped people in two homes with dangerous levels of carbon monoxide.

Firefighters say this year was a big improvement over last year, when they saw 10 Thanksgiving cooking fires. The only incident crews reported was a small fire Wednesday when a rag dropped into an oven. No damage was reported.

Crews say one adult and four children were taken to the hospital after the carbon monoxide detector in their apartment went off Wednesday night.

One adult and a child were taken to the hospital in a separate carbon monoxide incident reported about 2 a.m. Thursday.

Victims in both cases had been cooking for a long period of time.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
KOLO-TV 4850 Ampere Drive Reno, NV 89502
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 180601831