November 25, 2014
LAS VEGAS (AP) - Officials say a Las Vegas man took a misguided cue from Santa Claus when he got locked out of his house.
Las Vegas Fire & Rescue spokesman Tim Szymanski says crews responded to reports of a man stuck in a chimney about 9 a.m. Thursday.
Rescuers say the man was about five feet inside the chimney of the one-story house near Alta Drive and Jones Boulevard when authorities grabbed him by the arms and pulled him out.
Officials say he wasn't injured, and the chimney wasn't damaged.
Szymanski says the department absolutely doesn't recommend using a smokestack as an alternate entrance.
He says chimneys are usually lined with a flue that limits the passage to 12-16 inches, which is typically only wide enough if you're a bird or a raccoon.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.