October 7, 2015
LAS VEGAS (AP) - A fire official says a man was burned but extinguishers quickly doused a flash fire after a gas line malfunctioned at a cafe at the Palazzo resort hotel-casino on the Las Vegas Strip.
Clark County fire Capt. John Steinbeck says the automatic extinguishing system also shut off the gas supply to the stove after the fire flared about 8:30 a.m. Friday at the Grand Lux Café.
Steinbeck says the injured man was taken to University Medical Center in Las Vegas with first- and second-degree burns. His name wasn't made public.
Officials say casino and hotel guests weren't affected by the fire.
Copyright 2015 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.