LAS VEGAS (AP) - Five people including two children were taken to the hospital after an overturned deep fryer ignited a house on fire in Las Vegas.
Clark County fire officials say a dozen or more people were at the home Saturday when a deep fryer, situated on an enclosed front porch and over an open flame, was knocked over. The spilled oil ignited and the fire spread to the house and attic.
Officials say two children were taken to University Medical Center in critical condition with burns. One adult was in serious condition.
The fire department says another adult had less serious burns, while the type and extent of injuries of a third adult were not immediately known.
Two dogs were found dead at the scene.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.