September 23, 2014
HENDERSON, Nev. (AP) - Fire officials say a man working on his vehicle received minor burn injuries in a blaze in the garage of a Henderson home.
Henderson fire Battalion Chief Shawn White said firefighters quickly doused flames when they were summoned at 4:30 p.m. Thursday to the one-story house in a neighborhood near Warm Springs Road and Valle Verde Drive.
White says the unnamed resident was taken to a hospital with minor burns.
The cause of the fire was determined to be accidental, and damage was estimated at $100,000.
Copyright 2014 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.