March 5, 2015
LAS VEGAS (AP) - Officials say a teen misusing fireworks indoors
sparked a fire that damaged a Las Vegas-area home and displaced a
family of five.
County spokesman Dan Kulin says no one was hurt in the Tuesday
evening fire at the two-story home in a neighborhood off Southern
Highlands Parkway near Cactus Avenue.
But flames gutted a second-floor room and damaged the roof,
causing about $150,000 in damage.
Fire officials ruled the cause accidental.
Kulin says it was the first fire caused by fireworks this holiday week in Clark County fire jurisdiction.
Copyright 2015 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.