February 26, 2015
LAS VEGAS (AP) - Police and Clark County firefighters are investigating a fire that was apparently sparked by burglars using a torch to cut through a metal security door at a southeast Las Vegas smoke shop.
A county spokeswoman says the owners of KS Smoke Shop found smoke in the store when they arrived to check a burglary alarm.
They summoned firefighters to the business at Sunset and Sandhill roads a little after 2 a.m. Friday.
Firefighters quickly doused the fire, and there were no injuries.
Damage is estimated at $5,000.
Copyright 2015 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.