Fire at Vegas Strip Restaurant Ruled Accident

By: AP Email
By: AP Email

LAS VEGAS (AP) - Fire officials have ruled a New Year's morning fire accidental after it caused minimal damage to the kitchen of a Las Vegas Strip resort restaurant.

Deputy Clark County Fire Chief Erik Newman says a fire sprinkler activated and doused flames a little before 8 a.m. Wednesday after a bag of mesquite wood caught fire at Trattoria del Lupo at the Mandalay Bay resort.

Damage was estimated at about $2,000, and Clark County health officials inspected the restaurant after the fire.

Las Vegas-area hotels have sprinklers and adhere to strict fire codes enacted after a November 1980 blaze at the MGM Grand hotel killed 87 people, and an arson fire nearly three months later at the Las Vegas Hilton killed eight people.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
KOLO-TV 4850 Ampere Drive Reno, NV 89502
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 238485831 - kolotv.com/a?a=238485831
Gray Television, Inc.