November 27, 2014
LAS VEGAS (AP) - A court hearing was reset to Friday for a 25-year-old man who has refused to leave his cell after being accused of attacking guards with a baseball bat in September in the lobby of a downtown Las Vegas jail.
The Las Vegas Review-Journal reports (http://bit.ly/1d8z7Rq ) that a Tuesday court date for Michael Marcel Law was canceled.
Justice of the Peace Diana Sullivan could order Law brought to court for a preliminary hearing to decide if he should face trial in state court.
Law faces attempted murder, burglary and battery with a deadly weapon charges that could get him decades in prison.
He told investigators he was upset about how police handled a complaint that he had been robbed, but police said they couldn't find a record of such a report.
Copyright 2014 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.