Cigarette Ashes Helped Start Apartment Fire

By: AP Email
By: AP Email

LAS VEGAS (AP) - Clark County investigators say cigarette ashes that were improperly disposed of on a patio sparked a fire in an eight-unit apartment complex over the weekend.

Authorities say they responded to a call about 5:30 p.m. Sunday to an eight-unit building on the 5100 block of East Tropicana.

Firefighters say smoke and flames were showing from the balcony of a second-floor apartment when they arrived.

Crews were able to evacuate the eight units and put out the blaze. Clark County officials say one person in the apartment where the fire started had a minor injury but didn't need to be taken to the hospital.

Damage from the fire is estimated at $150,000.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
KOLO-TV 4850 Ampere Drive Reno, NV 89502
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 172162921 - kolotv.com/a?a=172162921