August 21, 2014
LAS VEGAS (AP) - Clark County investigators say cigarette ashes that were improperly disposed of on a patio sparked a fire in an eight-unit apartment complex over the weekend.
Authorities say they responded to a call about 5:30 p.m. Sunday to an eight-unit building on the 5100 block of East Tropicana.
Firefighters say smoke and flames were showing from the balcony of a second-floor apartment when they arrived.
Crews were able to evacuate the eight units and put out the blaze. Clark County officials say one person in the apartment where the fire started had a minor injury but didn't need to be taken to the hospital.
Damage from the fire is estimated at $150,000.
Copyright 2014 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.