August 28, 2014
LAS VEGAS (AP) - Authorities say a pan being heated on a stove is to blame for a Las Vegas apartment fire that displaced at least 20 people and caused an estimated $650,000 in damage.
Clark County fire officials say they responded a little before 6 p.m. Thursday to a fire on the 1700 block of East Karen Avenue. That's near the intersection of East Sahara Avenue and South Maryland Parkway.
Authorities say they found smoke and flames coming from the second-story window of the eight-unit apartment complex and evacuated building. They say they put out the blaze in about 30 minutes.
No injuries have been reported. Officials say the four upstairs apartments have fire damage and the four downstairs units have water damage. None of the unit
Copyright 2014 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.