Apartment Fire Apparently Started With Pan on Stove

By: AP Email
By: AP Email

LAS VEGAS (AP) - Authorities say a pan being heated on a stove is to blame for a Las Vegas apartment fire that displaced at least 20 people and caused an estimated $650,000 in damage.

Clark County fire officials say they responded a little before 6 p.m. Thursday to a fire on the 1700 block of East Karen Avenue. That's near the intersection of East Sahara Avenue and South Maryland Parkway.

Authorities say they found smoke and flames coming from the second-story window of the eight-unit apartment complex and evacuated building. They say they put out the blaze in about 30 minutes.

No injuries have been reported. Officials say the four upstairs apartments have fire damage and the four downstairs units have water damage. None of the unit

Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
KOLO-TV 4850 Ampere Drive Reno, NV 89502
Copyright © 2002-2015 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 171841211 - kolotv.com/a?a=171841211
Gray Television, Inc.