Accused Gunman Pleads Not Guilty In Caesars Palace Shooting

New details are emerging about the first minutes after a man allegedly opened fire and wounded two people at Caesars Palace last month.

A prosecutor told a judge that 34-year-old Richard Earl Shepherd was videotaped fighting with his girlfriend at Bill's Gamblin Hall and Saloon across the Las Vegas Strip from Caesars.

She says that was no more than 90 minutes after the Caesars shooting.

Shepherd was gone when casino security officers arrived -- and no charges were filed in that case.

Shepherd surrendered to police four days after the August fourth shooting at Caesars.

He pleaded not guilty today (Wednesday) to three counts of attempted murder and one count each of burglary with a weapon and carrying a concealed firearm.

He could face life in prison if convicted of the most serious charge.

His lawyer claims he was defending his sister after she was insulted by several men while leaving Caesars.

A judge set trial for November fifth and denied a request to reduce Shepherd's bail.

It stays at $250,000, and Shepherd remains in jail.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
KOLO-TV 4850 Ampere Drive Reno, NV 89502
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 9603912