March 6, 2015
LAS VEGAS (AP) - A woman was treated for cuts, burns and minor smoke inhalation today after an apartment fire that fire officials blamed on her child playing with a lighter.
A teen and the toddler who were also in the apartment escaped injury.
Las Vegas fire officials say the woman woke to the smell of smoke a little after 11 a.m. and found the living room carpet on fire in the apartment (on West Charleston Boulevard near Cimarron Road.)
The woman was taken by ambulance to University Medical Center for treatment of burns on her feet and a cut on her arm that authorities say she got breaking glass on a fire extinguisher cabinet.
The children were staying with relative. Fire investigators ruled the fire accidental and said estimated damage at five thousand dollars.
(Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.