Prosecutor: Las Vegas Bombing Suspects May Have Tie to Other Case

A prosecutor says the two men accused in a deadly Las Vegas Strip bombing may be responsible for at least one other area bombing.

A Las Vegas judge is scheduling both men to appear before him Friday.

31-year-old Omar Rueda-Denvers got a public defender this morning -- and wasn't asked to enter a plea to charges including murder, attempted murder and possession of an explosive device.

The prosecutor says police lodged similar charges overnight against 27-year-old Porfirio Duarte-Herrera.

He had been held since Friday in federal custody on charge of being an alien in possession of a firearm.

The prosecutor also told the judge that there may be other charges coming on at least one other bombing case.

24-year-old Willebaldo Dorantes Antonio was killed in the May seventh bombing outside the Luxor hotel-casino.

Local and federal authorities have been looking for links between the Luxor bombing and the explosion of a pipe bomb beneath a pickup truck parked outside a Home Depot store last October 31st.

No one was injured in that explosion. Las Vegas Fire Department
and federal ATF officials say today that it remains under investigation.

(Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)


KOLO-TV 4850 Ampere Drive Reno, NV 89502
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 7515387 - kolotv.com/a?a=7515387