LAS VEGAS (AP) - Health officials issued a warning to past and present guests of a Las Vegas resort after a bacterium linked to Legionnaires' disease was discovered in its water system.
The Southern Nevada Health District and federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recently took water samples at Polo Towers after four guests were diagnosed with the disease.
Health officials say two of the guests were diagnosed in the last couple of months and two others were diagnosed in 2007, and all four were treated successfully.
Diamond Resorts International officials say the bacterium was confined to four rooms out of 800 and they are working with the health district to fix the problem.
They say the company has closed and secured those rooms and informed guests and employees by mail about the disease.
In addition, the resort has initiated super chlorination treatment on its hot water system. ---
Information from: Las Vegas Review-Journal, http://www.lvrj.com
(Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)