November 30, 2015
LAS VEGAS (AP) - A child playing with a lighter is blamed for igniting a two-alarm fire that injured one person and damaged a northwest Las Vegas home.
Firefighters say another adult and three children escaped, but a family pet died in the 11:45 a.m. blaze at the two-story house on Wandering Street near Farm and Tule Springs roads.
The grandmother was taken to University Medical Center for treatment of possible burns.
Investigators say the child with the lighter ignited a couch, and the fire caused some $75,000 in damage.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.