Fatal Fire in Southwest Las Vegas Was Accidental, Officials Say

LAS VEGAS (AP) - Police and fire investigators have ruled a fatal fire in a southwest Las Vegas home was accidental.

Clark County fire spokesman Scott Allison says a woman who died was a smoker and was still clutching a lighter when firefighters found her dead in bed a little before 5 a.m. in the house on Quarterhorse Lane.

The woman's name wasn't immediately released.

Firefighters also found a dog dead in the house when they responded to a report of smoke in the two-story house.

The fire was confined to the bedroom.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
KOLO-TV 4850 Ampere Drive Reno, NV 89502
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 17190991 - kolotv.com/a?a=17190991
Gray Television, Inc.