August 31, 2015
LAS VEGAS (AP) - Authorities say 15 people are looking for
another place to live after an exhaust fan malfunction sparked a
fire in an apartment complex east of downtown Las Vegas.
Clark County spokesman Dan Kulin says no one was hurt in the fire that started in a vacant unit about 7:30 p.m. Wednesday at the complex near Charleston and Nellis boulevards.
It took Clark County firefighters about 30 minutes to extinguish
Six units were damaged. Kulin says the loss is about $225,000.
American Red Cross spokesman Lloyd Ziel says his agency is helping the displaced families.
Copyright 2015 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.