March 29, 2015
A man believed to be in his 60s has died in an apartment fire in Las Vegas.
Fire officials say while the cause of Friday's blaze at the Sunrise Vista Motel (on East Charleston Boulevard) was unknown, they think the man was smoking while using a medical oxygen tank.
Investigators say no cigarettes were found, but the remains of an exploded tank were found on the bed next to the man. His body was found in bed.
The victim's name was not immediately released.
The fire destroyed the unit, causing an estimated $35,00 worth of damage. No one else was injured.
On Thanksgiving, Las Vegas firefighters responded to another fire caused by a person smoking near an oxygen tank. No one was seriously injured.
(Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.