December 19, 2014
LEWISTON, Idaho (AP) - A man says he reached down to pick up a
stick lying in the gardening aisle of a Wal-Mart in Idaho, only to
discover that it was a rattlesnake that then bit his hand.
Mica Craig says he was shopping in the outdoor garden department
of a Lewiston store when he was bitten Saturday. The 47-year-old
man from Clarkston, Wash., says it latched onto his hand and that
he screamed and managed to shake loose the snake and stomped it to death.
The Lewiston Tribune reports a bystander drove Craig to a local emergency room. Craig says he was treated with six bags of anti-venom and was told that his hand could be permanently disfigured.
He says doctors expect him to remain hospitalized until Tuesday.
Copyright 2014 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.