November 24, 2014
LARAMIE, Wyo. (AP) - These goats may have gotten a baaah-d idea
from Mrs. O'Leary's cow.
A fire destroyed a barn near Laramie, Wyo., on Monday.
Firefighters suspect some goats inside the barn started the fire by
nibbling through electric heater cords or knocking down a heating
Barn owner Dale Wood says the barn was a total loss and at least
three female goats died.
Neighbors alerted Wood's son to the fire, who called
firefighters and tried to put out the flames.
For years, legend had it that Catherine O'Leary's cow started
the Great Chicago Fire of 1871.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.