Investigators Believe Cigarettes Led to Deadly House Fire

By: Staff Email
By: Staff Email

SPARKS, NV - An elderly woman is dead following a house fire in Sparks Thursday night.

Sparks fire officials say it started at 8:07PM at a home on the 3300 block of Shari Way.

When fire crews got there, they found an elderly man and woman in the home. They were moved outside while crews put out the fire.

The woman died. The man was taken to Renown to be treated for injuries, but then was flown to the UC Davis Burn Center.

Investigators believe cigarettes led to the fire. According to the Sparks Fire Department, the fire started in a bedroom on the bottom corner of a bed, and all signs point to the improper use of cigarettes as the cause.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
KOLO-TV 4850 Ampere Drive Reno, NV 89502
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 263928111 - kolotv.com/a?a=263928111