July 6, 2015
BRIDGEPORT, CA - The California Highway Patrol says an inspection has revealed a failed weld in the exhaust system led a pipe to separate, allowing exhaust inside a bus Sunday morning, making about passengers headed for Reno sick.
The California Highway Patrol says that carbon monoxide leak on the bus is to blame for the emergency stop in Bridgeport, California, instead of continuing on US 395 North to Reno.
13 of the more than 50 passengers were taken to a hospital for medical treatment.
CHP says the Amador Stage Lines bus left Long Beach, California, for Reno Sunday morning.
The CHP is still investigating.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.