House Fire in Sparks Blamed on Improperly Discarded Ashes

By: Staff Email
By: Staff Email
Sparks firefighters have put out a fire at a home on 9th Street.

Fire at 321 1/2 9th Street, Sparks

SPARKS, NV - Sparks firefighters have put out a fire at a home on 9th Street.

Firefighters got the call shortly before 9:30AM Friday. The fire was in a garbage can next to the house, and it had spread to the house and attic eave area.

No one was home and no one is hurt.

Investigators say ashes had been put into the plastic garbage can and reignited. They say it is important to remember that hot ashes and coals stay hot for a long time, and should be placed in a metal can, doused with water and let sit for a couple of days before being thrown out.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
KOLO-TV 4850 Ampere Drive Reno, NV 89502
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 226491901 - kolotv.com/a?a=226491901