March 31, 2015
GENOA, NV - An overheated stove led to the fire that caused $75,000 in damages to a Genoa restaurant Friday morning.
Douglas County investigators say shortly before 9AM, they got the call about the fire at the Genoa Station Grill and Bar, a business about 18 months old near Genoa Town Hall.
The fire broke out in the kitchen area and was contained to the kitchen and attic area. Investigators say over the last year or so, overheating from a commercial stove led heat to creep up a wall and into the attic of the building, getting wood hot enough to finally catch fire.
SR 206, which runs through Genoa , was closed for about two hours.
No one is hurt.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.