Brush Fire Knocks Out Power to Thousands in Sparks

By: Staff Email
By: Staff Email

SPARKS, NV - A brush fire near Wedekind Road in Sparks knocked out power to nearly 6,000 NV Energy customers Tuesday evening, but all have their power back as of Wednesday morning, according to NV Energy.

The fire broke out in a backyard around 6:15PM. Firefighters were able to knock down the fire quickly. A KOLO 8 New Now crew on the scene says there doesn't appear to be any damage to homes.

According to the NV Energy website, 5,649 customers originally lost power..

The cause of the fire hasn't been determined.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
KOLO-TV 4850 Ampere Drive Reno, NV 89502
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 265475531 - kolotv.com/a?a=265475531
Gray Television, Inc.