September 18, 2014
RENO, NV - Reno firefighters took only several minutes to put out a fire in a vacant apartment Wednesday afternoon.
Flames were reported around 2:30 in the unit at 825 Delucchi, near the intersection with Neil Road.
While the fire is still under investigation, it is believed to be caused by a malfunctioning furnace, according to the Reno Fire Department.
A painter was inside the apartment when the gas ignited, however, it is unknown if the fumes of the paint had anything to do with the fire, according to the Reno Fire Department.
One person was treated on scene by REMSA for minor burns, according to the Reno Fire Department.
A witness claims he was treated for smoke inhalation.