Lucky Escape For Sun Valley Family

By: Stewart Campbell Email
By: Stewart Campbell Email

SUN VALLEY, NV - A family had a lucky escape after a wood-burning stove sparked causing the house to catch on fire Thursday morning.

The owners of the home on Medeiros Drive in Sun Valley quickly got their young children out but were unable to locate the family dogs. Those dogs have since been found safe.

Firefighters responded quickly and were able to knock down the blaze within 10 minutes but not before it had gutted a portion of the residence.

The Red Cross is putting the family up in a hotel for the next few nights.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
KOLO-TV 4850 Ampere Drive Reno, NV 89502
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 63741187 - kolotv.com/a?a=63741187
Gray Television, Inc.