August 3, 2015
RENO, Nevada (KOLOTV.com) -- The Reno Fire Department says last Thursday's blaze at a 10-unit apartment building was traced to a group of appliances.
The building, along Malone Lane, caught on fire at about 4:20 p.m. The flames burned only the apartment where it started. Two units nearby suffered smoke damage.
According to R.F.D., the fire "was accidental, electrical in nature, and related to up to eight electrical appliances located in the immediate area where the fire originated."
Investigators were not able to pinpoint which specific appliance sparked the fire.
The fire displaced 16 residents. The American Red Cross is now helping them with housing needs.
Copyright 2015 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.