- School police departments across the country have taken advantage of free military surplus gear, stocking up on mine resistant armored vehicles, grenade launchers and scores of M16 rifles.
- Iran's foreign minister is ruling out cooperating with the United States in helping Iraq fight Islamic State militants and warning that the terrorist group poses a much broader global threat that needs new thinking to eradicate.
- First lady Michelle Obama has visited with young patients at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital in Memphis, chatting with them in an activities room and participating in a question and answer session.
- A longtime Las Vegas-area state court judge has pleaded guilty to a federal conspiracy charge that could get him 27 months in prison for his role in a decade-long investment scheme that prosecutors alleged reaped some $3 million.
- Pennsylvania State Police say the suspect in the killing of a trooper and the critical wounding of another outside a rural barracks is a survivalist who has expressed a desire to kill law enforcement officers and commit mass murder.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.