October 1, 2014
AKRON, Ohio (AP) - The teenage suspect in the slayings of three men lured by phony Craigslist job offers acknowledges he had chances to report the alleged triggerman to police but never did so.
Seventeen-year-old Brogan Rafferty was cross-examined Tuesday afternoon after testifying in his defense at his Ohio murder trial.
He said he had a shotgun and a cellphone but never called police or told anyone about the slayings over several months last year.
Rafferty was asked earlier by his attorney why he didn't run from his 53-year-old co-defendant or call police. He said his onetime mentor had issued a veiled warning to keep quiet or risk being killed.
Co-defendant Richard Beasley, of Akron, has pleaded not guilty. He will be tried separately.
Copyright 2014 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.