HUTCHINSON, Kan. (AP) - The father of a baby who apparently swallowed a feather from a pillow says she is home from the hospital in Kansas and doing well.
The nearly 7-month-old girl, Mya Whittington, was hospitalized during the weekend while doctors tried to determine why her jaw swelled. Eventually, a doctor pulled a 2-inch feather out of her neck.
The girl's father, Aaron Whittington, told the Hutchinson News (http://bit.ly/UFSP9M) on Wednesday that the baby was home from the hospital. Doctors decided not to treat an area on her neck that has a hard knot in it. They say the area will heal on its own.
The child has become something of a media star. Aaron Whittington says the family has received numerous requests for interviews to discuss his daughter's unusual medical drama.
Copyright 2015 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.