First Lawsuit Filed in Deadly NYC Blast

By: Associated Press Email
By: Associated Press Email

NEW YORK (AP) - A New York City woman has sued Con Edison over the explosion that leveled two apartment buildings last week.

The New York Post reports that 46-year-old Michelle Nelson of Harlem filed the civil suit Monday, becoming the first to sue over the deadly blast.

Nelson's lawsuit says she sustained "severe and permanent injuries" when the explosion caused her to fall in her apartment more than a block away.

The lawsuit names Con Edison and the owner of 1646 Park Ave., one of the collapsed buildings.

It says they neglected their "duty to keep ... the premises in a safe, proper and secure manner."

Con Ed says it has not seen the lawsuit and could not comment. The owner of 1646 didn't immediately return calls seeking comment.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
KOLO-TV 4850 Ampere Drive Reno, NV 89502
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 250775671 - kolotv.com/a?a=250775671