July 31, 2014
NEW YORK (AP) - General Motors Co. says it is pressing ahead with plans to shut down Saab, though it will continue to hear bids for the Swedish car brand.
GM spokesman Tom Wilkinson says the automaker is not commenting on reports that a deadline for proposals for Saab has been extended to Jan. 7. GM had previously said it was giving bidders until Thursday to come forward with an offer for Saab, until it decided earlier this month that it would wind down the brand.
GM has been in talks over Saab for the last month with Dutch exotic car maker Spyker Cars. It has also heard from other Saab bidders after an attempt to sell the brand to a Swedish sports car manufacturer fell through in November.