Posted: 3:17 PM
- Seven people were injured, some critically, during an early-morning spray of gunfire Saturday at a spring break party on the Florida Panhandle, police said. An Alabama man was quickly apprehended and charged with attempted murder.
- Someone may have improperly tapped a gas line before an explosion that leveled three apartment buildings and injured nearly two dozen people, Mayor Bill de Blasio said Friday as firefighters soaked the still-smoldering buildings and police searched for at least two missing people.
- A suspect in a motor vehicle stop opened fire on police on Friday evening and seriously wounded an officer before being killed by other officers at the scene, authorities said. An apparent bystander also was shot.
- Italy's highest court on Friday overturned the murder conviction against Amanda Knox and her ex-boyfriend in the 2007 slaying of Knox's roommate, bringing to a definitive end the high-profile case that captivated trial-watchers on both sides of the Atlantic.
Updated: 9:17 AM
- Union Pacific says it has reopened one of the busiest east-west railroad routes in the nation and Amtrak has resumed its passenger service after a freight train derailed about 60 miles east of Reno Wednesday.
- The Republican-controlled Senate has approved a balanced-budget plan that calls for trillions in spending cuts and repeal of the controversial health care law to erase red ink by the end of the coming decade.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.