August 29, 2014
LONDON (AP) - British police say they are searching for a woman who gave a baby a bottle believed to contain bleach.
The Metropolitan Police force says an 11-month-old boy vomited Thursday after drinking from "a baby bottle with an unknown substance" given to him by an unknown woman as he sat with his mother and grandmother at a McDonald's restaurant in southeast London.
The force says the boy was taken to a hospital for observation. He is in stable condition. Police say they are examining security footage to see exactly what happened.
Earlier Thursday the police force tweeted: "WARNING! Last 1/2 hr. (hash)Eltham High St. White female in 50s giving children in pushchairs bottles containing believed bleach."
Police say no arrests have been made.
Copyright 2014 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.