October 24, 2014
NEW DELHI (AP) - A spokesman for the Indian navy says divers have recovered the bodies of three sailors who had been trapped inside a submarine damaged by twin explosions.
Another 15 sailors who were aboard the vessel when the blasts occurred Wednesday remain unaccounted for. Navy spokesman Narendra Vispute told reporters in Mumbai Friday that the conditions of the three bodies recovered suggest that it is unlikely that any of the other sailors survived.
He gave no details except to say that DNA tests will be used to identify the bodies.