Some Chinese Operators Suspend NKorea Tours

By: Louise Watt, Associated Press Email
By: Louise Watt, Associated Press Email

BEIJING (AP) - Some Chinese travel agencies have cancelled tours to North Korea due to safety concerns as Pyongyang continues its war-like posturing. However, other Chinese operators say they still plan to take tourists in to the country.

North Korea has warned foreign companies and tourists to leave South Korea due to the threat of war and it has advised foreign diplomats in Pyongyang that it can't guarantee their safety past Wednesday.

A woman who refused to identify herself at the Explore North Korea travel agency in the border city of Dandong said group tourism had been suspended beginning Wednesday. She said they had received a notification from the National Tourism Administration warning against tourism to North Korea.

An official at the administration refused to comment.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
KOLO-TV 4850 Ampere Drive Reno, NV 89502
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 202254641