LONDON (AP) - Buckingham palace says Prince Philip has left hospital after successful treatment for a bladder infection.
The 91-year-old husband of Queen Elizabeth II was hospitalized Wednesday after suffering a recurrence of an infection for which he was treated earlier this summer.
The palace said Philip was discharged from Aberdeen Royal Infirmary in Scotland on Monday and was returning to the nearby Balmoral estate, where the royal family is on vacation.
It was Philip's third hospital stay in the last eight months. He was hospitalized for five days in June with a bladder infection that may have been aggravated by his appearance at a flotilla marking the queen's 60-year reign.
In December, he underwent a successful coronary stent procedure to clear a blocked artery.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Designed by Gray Digital Media