PRETORIA, South Africa (AP) - The judge in the murder trial of Oscar Pistorius says the trial will take a break until May 5 after Thursday's proceedings.
The judge says she received a request for the break from the chief prosecutor, and the defense supported the request.
Pistorius' trial started Mar. 3 and the judge says the trial is lasting longer than expected.
The defense says it will call between 14 and 17 witnesses. And its third witness testified today.
Pistorius was charged with premeditated murder for shooting girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp in his home last year. He says he shot her by mistake; the prosecution says he killed her intentionally after an argument.
Copyright 2015 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.