November 26, 2014
COPENHAGEN, Denmark (AP) - More than 60 customers who dined at one of the world's top restaurants in Denmark say they got viral gastroenteritis from eating there last month.
The local food authority says it ordered a cleanup and safer handling of food at Noma, which has two Michelin stars and is a three-time winner of the world's top restaurant in S. Pellegrino World's 50 Best Restaurants list.
The government agency said Friday it had investigated the restaurant in Copenhagen, after complaints from 63 customers who had eaten there during one week in February. It was not immediately clear what food had caused the infection.
Restaurant manager Peter Kreiner said they were trying to track the source of the infection.
The restaurant is widely known for cuisine that relies heavily on fresh, locally-sourced products.
Copyright 2014 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.