Timeline of events surrounding the disappearance of Air France Flight 447 from Rio de Janeiro to Paris, according to Air France, Brazilian Air Force. All times in Brazilian local time:
- 7:03 p.m. Sunday: Air France says plane left Rio de Janeiro. Brazilian Air Force says plane left at 7:30 p.m.
- 10:30 p.m. Sunday: Air France says plane has last contact with Brazil air traffic control. Brazilian Air Force says last radio contact at 10:33 p.m., 351 miles (565 kilometers) from northeastern Brazilian city of Natal.
- 10:48 p.m.: Brazilian Air Force says last radar contact with Brazil indicated plane flying normally.
- 11 p.m. Sunday: Air France says plane entered zone of storms and high turbulence.
- 11:14 p.m. Sunday: Air France receives automatic message indicating electrical circuit malfunction.
- 11:20 p.m. Sunday: Brazilian Air Force says plane fails to make previously scheduled radio contact with Brazil. Brazil notifies air traffic control in Dakar, Senegal.
- 2-3 a.m Monday: Air France says French military radar begins searching for plane.
- 2:30 a.m. Monday: Brazilian Air Force says it mounts search and rescue mission with two planes.
- 4:30 a.m. Monday: Air France says it sets up crisis center.
- 6:15 a.m. Monday: Plane's scheduled arrival in Paris, according to Air France.
- 8:30 a.m. Monday: Brazilian Air Force says it was told by Air France about the message the plane sent to the company. The message indicated technical problems, including a loss of pressure and an electrical system failure, Brazilian Air Force says.
Copyright 2014 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.