Health Bytes Headlines
$14M Awarded In Suit Linking Contraceptive, Stroke
- A jury has awarded $14 million to a suburban Chicago woman who sued her doctor over a debilitating stroke she suffered after taking the birth control drug Yasmin
Millions Paid To Dead For Medical Care
- An internal state government memo says auditors have found the Illinois Medicaid program has paid an estimated $12 million for medical services for people listed as deceased in other state records.
Allergy Death Results In Lawsuit
- A Northern California couple has filed a wrongful death lawsuit against the City of Sacramento in connection with the peanut allergy-related death of their 13-year-old daughter at a city operated camp.
Broadcaster Wins Battle Against Obama Administration
- Christian radio broadcaster James Dobson has won a temporary injunction preventing the federal government from requiring his ministry to include the morning-after pill and other emergency contraception in its health insurance.
Five Hour Wait At Health Clinic Leads To Multiple Deaths
- Mexico's latest case of denial of medical care for poor and Indian women has resulted in the death of a pregnant woman and her unborn child.
More Health Bytes Headlines
Daily Health & Medical News