Health Bytes Headlines
Liberian Priest in Reno Asking for Donations, Prayers
Updated: 8:38 AM
- The Rev. Fr. Elijah Bobby Washington, a Liberian priest, is temporarily stuck in the United States because of the Ebola outbreak in West Africa. In the meantime, he's asking donations and prayers be sent to the people there.
MDA Helps Northern Nevada Residents
- Sunday KOLO will be broadcasting the MDA “Show of Strength” telethon that benefits locals like Sparks resident Timothy Bennett who has been battling a condition called Charcot Marie Tooth Disease. It has affected Bennett’s muscle tissue since he was ten years old.
More Beds Planned for Vegas Psych Hospital
- Officials say there will soon be more hospital beds for psychiatric patients in Las Vegas, after state officials doubled the Medicare and Medicaid reimbursement rate for mental health treatment.
Regents Back $26M for UNLV Medical School
- The Nevada Board of Regents wants the state spend $26 million to jump-start a UNLV medical school that proponents say would help alleviate the region's shortage of medical specialists.
Ebola: Ivory Coast-Sierra Leone Game Now in Doubt
- Ivory Coast's African Cup of Nations qualifier at home to Sierra Leone is in doubt because the Ivorian government doesn't want players and officials from an Ebola-hit country to enter its territory.
More Health Bytes Headlines
Daily Health & Medical News