- Blood pressure: FREE
- Body fat screening: FREE
- “Ask the Nurse”: FREE
- Complete blood count: $15
- Heart electrical activity and overall heart function (EKG): $35
- Heart and vascular disease risk (High sensitivity C-reactive protein): $25
- Lipid profile (cholesterol, triglycerides and HDL/LDL ratio): $20
- Complete chemistry panel with report on 14 blood chemistry levels: $20
- Peripheral artery disease (Ankle-brachial index test): $25
- Prostate cancer testing (PSA): $35
- Routine dietary screening for diabetes (glycosylated hemoglobin): $30
- Stroke risk (Carotid artery ultrasound screening): $40
- Thyroid function: $35
- Thyroid stimulating hormone, TSH, for over- or underactive thyroid: $35
- Vitamin D deficiency (Vitamin D 25 Hydroxy): $40
- The Northern Nevada State Health Insurance Assistance Program (S.H.I.P) will be available to provide free, Medicare information and counseling to community members and can assist with Part D information and enrollment, low income subsidies, Medicare questions, appeals and much more: FREE
- Immunize Nevada will have information, resources and education available: FREE
- The California Transplant Donor Network will be providing information on organ donor and registration: FREE
SPARKS, NV - A health fair is coming to Sparks to provide members of the community with free or low-cost preventative health screenings.
The Northern Nevada Medical Center (NNMC) is hosting the community health fair on Thursday, August 1, 2013.
The health fair will run from 7:30 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. in the main lobby of the medical center.
The NNMC recommends individuals fast for 10-12 hours prior to blood screenings.
NNMC Advantage members get a 10 percent discount on all tests.
A full menu of health screenings are provided to the right of this article.