Health Bytes Headlines
Sister: US Ebola Patient Said He Was From Liberia
Posted: 2:11 PM
- According to his sister, the first Ebola patient diagnosed in the United States has said he notified health care workers the first time he went to the hospital that he was visiting the U.S. from Liberia.
Mysterious Virus Could Be In Nevada
- Nevada is one of only a handful of states not reporting the D68 Virus. That means test have not been ordered for the CDC to confirm a patient has the virus locally. But experts say that doesn't mean the virus hasn't already made an appearance.
Senators: Widen Medicaid Program for Frail Seniors
- More than a dozen senators are calling on the Obama administration to broaden a Medicaid program for the nation's frailest seniors, calling it a proven alternative to pricier nursing home care.
Nurses Protest Ebola Prep
- Nurses who say U.S. hospitals aren't ready for an Ebola outbreak protested outside a Las Vegas Strip resort where they are holding a union convention.
Smoke Causing Health Problems for Most
- The heavy smoke means many people are suffering from nasty respiratory aliments.
More Health Bytes Headlines
Daily Health & Medical News